Domaine Saint Prefert
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape Reserve Auguste Favier 2015
- Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- Match the brawniness of Chateuneuf-du-Pape with the same at the table.
- Pair with robust recipes for lamb, veal or venison,
- whole roasted duck, squab or grouse
- and stews from cassoulet to goulash.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, licorice
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, creme de cassis, cherry, spicy
- A former banker with Credit Agricole, Isabel Ferrando purchased this venerable estate in the les Serre lieu-dit in 2002. Working with Philippe Cambie and influenced by Henri Bonneau, she farms organically, ages her wines in both cement and used demi-muids and bottles without fining or filtering. Her wines are at once both restrained and wildly exuberant. Muscular, yet full of finesse.
Write Your Own Review