Domaine Simon Bize
- Bourgogne Rouge Les Perrieres 2011
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair Côte de Beaune reds with flavorful roasts and casseroles.
- Indispenable with beef bourguignon and coq au vin.
- Try bacon, spinach and mushroom-topped cod.
- Leftover London broil too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, floral, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, red fruits, earthy, mineral
- As produced by Patrick Bize (his penultimate vintage. R.I.P. Patrick), the estate's 2010 les Perrieres is composed of fruit from 5+ acres of vineyards near Savigny les Beaune planted, nearly 50 years ago. This is not generic red Burgundy. Perrieres may refer to this being a (stone) walled vineyard long ago or maybe it reflects the wine's inherent minerality. Either way, it's a treat.
Write Your Own Review