Domaine Simon Bize
- Bourgogne Rouge Les Perrieres 2012
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair Côte de Beaune reds with flavorful roasts and casseroles.
- Indispenable with beef bourguignon and coq au vin.
- Try bacon, spinach and mushroom-topped cod.
- Leftover London broil too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, licorice, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, blackberry, cherry
- Sadly, the 2012 vintage turned out to be Patrick Bize's last (R.I.P. Patrick.) Les Perrieres is composed of fruit from 5+ acres near Savigny les Beaune planted nearly 50 years ago and now farmed biodynamically. This is not generic red Burgundy. Perrieres may refer to this being a (stone) walled vineyard long ago or maybe it reflects the wine's inherent minerality. Both a treat and a tribute.
Write Your Own Review