Domaine Simon Bize
- Savigny-les-Beaune Aux Vergelesses 2010
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair pedigreed Burgundies with roasted birds and creamy cheeses.
- Start with coarse country paté and grainy mustard,
- then magret de canard aux fruits rouge.
- Finish with some runny St-Marcellin cheese.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, black cherry, spicy
- Located across the road from the Chateau de Savigny, a castle that now doubles as four museums (Abarth race cars, aviation, motorcycle and of course, wine), Patrick Bize vinifies the grapes from his family's 50 acres of vineyards spread throughout the Côte de Beaune. The 3 1/2 acres of Premier Cru Pinot Noir in his flagship aux Vergelesses vineyard were planted from 1939-1954.
Write Your Own Review