Dominio de Atauta
- Ribera del Duero 2009
- Spain > Castile and Léon
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Ripe, with a nice tannic balance, pair richer Tempranillos with robust and roasted fare.
- A perfect match with grilled loin lamb chops,
- duck and sausage cassoulet
- or classic coq au vin.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cherry, mineral, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, blackberry, spicy, chocolate
- If you had a checklist of the makings of a great wine, Dominio de Atauta would blacken all the boxes. Biodymically farmed from ancient vines, many ungrafted and pre-Phylloxera, aged in premium French oak by winemaker Betrand Sourdais (Mouton, Leoville les Cases), and all tied together by the vision of "returning to the town of his youth" owner Miguel Sanchez. Jackpot!
Write Your Own Review