Dr. Konstantin Frank
- Rkatsiteli 2018
- U.S.A. > New York
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Zesty whites can stimulate your appetite as an aperitif or complement myriad flavors and spices.
- Pair with Alsatian choucroute,
- Pad Thai
- or a goat cheese and onion tart.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, crushed stones, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, lime, peach, mineral
- One of the oldest wine grape varieties, 5000 year old clay pots were found in Georgia with Rkatsiteli seeds, this Russian and eastern European staple (in China it is called Baiyu) used to be the world's most widely planted white wine grape until the fall of the Soviet Union. The infamous, upstate Dr. Frank winery has had it under vine for over five decades and theirs is the unchallenged North American benchmark.
Write Your Own Review