- Riesling Dry Red Slate 2014
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Defty versatile, crisp, fresh Rieslings compliment a wide array of flavors and food styles.
- Serve with a shrimp and papaya salad,
- a cilantro-topped smoked pork loin
- or grilled chili-lime salmon fillets.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, slate, peach, green apple
- Blended from the red slate soils of estate vineyards in Erden, Kinheim, Lösnich and Ürzig, and farmed with the knowledge that the finished wine would be dry, Ernst Loosen and company ferment their Riesling with native yeasts in 3000 liter neutral oak casks, keeping the evolving wine on its lees for a full year. The completed wine has a softer acidity and much greater complexity.
Write Your Own Review