- Merlot 2016
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Try a rich, nuanced Merlot with roasted dishes.
- A natural with a cherry-sauced Cornish game hen,
- braised beef shanks with mushrooms
- or roasted pork loin with a berry-balsamic reduction.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, blueberry, cola, creme de cassis
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black currant, cherry, mint, cedar
- Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn in 1976, with the intent of exclusively producing Bordeaux varieties in the Napa Valley, their eponymous winery became one of the first in California to focus on Merlot, sourcing fruit from seven estate vineyards, and several others spread throughout Napa's many micro-climates. Duckhorn has since become a benchmark for world-class Merlot.
Write Your Own Review