- Merlot Three Palms 2016
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Try a rich, nuanced Merlot with roasted dishes.
- A natural with a cherry-sauced Cornish game hen,
- braised beef shanks with mushrooms
- or roasted pork loin with a berry-balsamic reduction.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, smoky, spicy
- Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn in 1976, with the intent of exclusively producing Bordeaux varieties in the Napa Valley, their eponymous winery became one of the first in California to focus on Merlot, sourcing fruit from 7 estate vineyards, and several others throughout Napa's many micro-climates. The vaunted Three Palms vineyard has an enviable address between St. Helena and Calistoga.
Write Your Own Review