- Gigondas 2012
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Rhône reds are super versatile and are a great match with complex as well as casual meals.
- Great with a creamy-sauced steak au poivre,
- hand-rolled pasta with a lamb ragú
- or just plain ol' burgers.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, gamey
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, spicy
- Three generations of Guigals have tended the cellars in Ampuls, creating one of the most recognizable labels in the Rhône. The solid 2012 replaces the firmly structured 2011 offering, which came on the heels of the outstanding 2010's (2009 is killer, too. '08 was skipped), and is culled from 40 year old vines, producing flavors that are bold, spicy, rich and supple (Hey, just like you!)
Write Your Own Review