- Bio Mavrud & Rubin 2014
- Mavrud, Rubin
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Match brambly Bulgarian reds with cross-culture dishes.
- Grab a ramen burger, poutine pizza or pastrami bao.
- Or go traditional with musaka,
- sudzhuk, drob sarma or kavarma. Nazdrave!
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black cherry, black currant, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, black fruits, brambly, tar
- A modern estate founded by Italian textile producer, Edoardo Miroglio, in 2002 in the Thracian Valley village of Elenovo, the organically grown grapes that make up winemaker Alberto La Rosa's blend are the indigenous Mavrud and Rubin, which is a crossing of Nebbiolo and Syrah; half of which spend 6 months in 500 liter Bulgarian oak and 3300 liter French barrels.
Write Your Own Review