- Barolo Vigne Elena 2009
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- Match a firm and sinewy Barolo with conspicuously rich dishes.
- Terrific with wild mushroom fricassée over polenta,
- gnocchi baked in layers of fontina
- or porcini braised rabbit with truffled pasta.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, leather , red fruits, roses
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, licorice, mint
- The fastidiously spotless Elvio Cogno winery sits atop of Bricco Ravera, a hill near Novello, in Langhe's Barolo country. It's owned and run by winemaker Valter Fissore and his wife, Nadia Cogno (Elvio's daughter.) The grapes for Vigna Elena, (Nadia and Valter's daughter) are from a 25 year old, 1 hectare plot, tank fermented, aged for 3 years in large oak and rested another 2 years in bottle.
Write Your Own Review