- Vin Santo del Chianti Riserva 2010
- Trebbiano, Malvasia
- Italy > Tuscany
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A foolproof pairing with not-too-sweet Italian desserts.
- Serve with mascarpone and peaches,
- panna cotta, zabaglione or cannoli.
- You want to dunk your biscotti? What are you, from Jersey? Oh, go ahead.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, dried fruit, honey, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, raisin, hazelnut, caramel
- A Tuscan original, Vin Santo is made from Trebbiano, Malvasia and occasionally Grechetto grapes, which are dried from three to six months, a process called appasimento. Their layers of delectable sweetness a function of not only the ripeness of grapes, but also the length of time they were dried. Falchini's is then aged for 4 years in a combination of oak, cherry and chestnut barrels.
Write Your Own Review