Fattaoria di Grignano
- Pietramaggio 2012
- Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano Toscana
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair supple Tuscan reds with robust, yet succinct flavors.
- Try pan-roasted chicken with olives and capers,
- tagliata con rucola (sliced steak with arugula)
- or bucatini marinara with sausage and peas.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, floral, strawberry
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, black cherry, herbaceous
- First a Roman fort, then the medieval Castello di Vico and finally the villa Grignano; a vast estate that stretches from the Sieve up into the hills of Pontassieve. Owned since the 70's by the Italian fashion house, Inghirami, this 1500 acre farm is home to fifty buildings, countless vineyards and umpteen fragrant olive groves. Pietramaggio is sourced from 27 year old vines and tank-aged.
Write Your Own Review