Fattoria il Palagio
- Toscana Rosso 2009
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair versatile Tuscan reds with rich and hearty fare.
- Perfect with traditional lasagna al forno,
- braised lamb shanks with white beans
- or a heaping bowl of zuppa Toscana with crusty bread.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, cherry, roses, strawberry
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, violets, blackberry, black cherry
- Punctuated by a hilltop manor house and surrounded by fragrant olive groves, this huge estate has 275 acres under vine (at an avg. altitude of 1000 ft.) and covers a staggering 750 acres in total. As owned by the Zonin family, il Palagio grows, vints and bottles traditional Tuscan (Sangiovese, Vernaccia) as well as international varieties (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc.)
Write Your Own Review