- 10 Year Old Tawny Port
- Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Francesca
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- On its own or paired with dessert, nothing caps a meal like a good Tawny.
- Serve with a caramelized pear tart,
- a ramekin of créme brûlée
- or bowls of dried fruits and salty nuts.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, almond, baked fruit, caramel
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish, dried fruit, nutty, toffee
- Despite being labeled 10 years old, most Tawny Ports are a solera-like blend of several vintages, allowing the shipper to develop a house character or style. Dubbed Tawny for its amber hue, it is a mellower and nuttier expression of Port than Ruby, having extended aging in barrel as opposed to bottle. Versatile, durable and delicious, they are an undervalued treat.
Write Your Own Review