- Dry White Port
- Malvasia, Gouveio, Viosinho, Donzelinho
- Portugal > Douro
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Lean
- Mix 2 oz. of white Port with 4 oz. tonic water
- and squeeze a lemon wedge into a glass to make Portonic.
- Alternatively, pair with prosciutto-wrapped melons slices
- or shrimp and mango skewers.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, almond, floral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, citrus fruits, almond
- Eclipsed by the ubiquitous red Port, its white counterpart gets playing time during the super-sultry summer days of the Duoro, when Port & Tonic (or Portonic, as the locals say) becomes the de facto quaffer. Richer and fruitier than fino or vermouth, some call it the "masculine" Lillet. Grab a bottle and experiment! Invent your very own cocktail. "Feist Fiend", anybody?
Write Your Own Review