- Vintage Port 2003
- Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Francesca...
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Keep it simple.
- In Portugal: a round of Azeitao, some figs and a few almonds.
- For the Brits, it's a wedge of Stilton and a sliced Medjool date.
- In the States: aged VT Cheddar and some prime CA walnuts.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, baked fruit, black fruits, creme de cassis
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black currant, chocolate
- Founded as a merchant house in London in 1836 by German cousins, Feist remained a family business until after WWII, during which, ironically, their offices were destroyed by Nazi bombs. Relocating to Porto, the company was purchased by Barros and subsequently by Sogevinus. In all probability, the Feist name will be retired and its wines folded into the group's other brands.
Write Your Own Review