- Fontalloro 2017
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Match superstar Tuscans with roasted rave-ups.
- Go downtown with venison meat loaf in a blackberry barbecue sauce,
- be classic with bistecca alla Fiorentina
- or shake it up with Turkish lahmacun.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, leather , plum, black cherry
- Sourced from 50+ year old vines in Chianti Classico's Poggio al Sole vineyard and Colli Senesi's Casalino and Arcidossino sites, both farmed with biodynamic practices, iconic producer Felsina pushes forward their solo-Sangiovese isystem with their super-IGT, Fontalloro. After a 3 week maceration, the wine ages in barriques for upwards of 18 months, gets blended in steel tanks and rests for a year in glass before release.
Write Your Own Review