Feudi di San Gregorio
- Rubrato 2010
- Italy > Campagna
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match Aglianico's rustic richness with forward, well spiced and gamey flavors.
- Pair with a tangy pasta puttanesca,
- classic eggplant parmigiana
- or Neapolitan meatballs with raisins and pine nuts.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, almond, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cherry, spicy
- Founded only in 1986 and located about an hour from both Naples and Mount Vesuvius in the village of Sorbo Serpico (so that's where the Serpicos come from), Feudi San Gregorio quickly became a linchpin in the rejuvenation of Campagna's once almost dormant wine scene. With grapes grown in the region's typically ashy soil, Rubrato vibrates with ripe fruit and volcanic minerality.
Write Your Own Review