- Nero d'Avola 2018
- Nero d'Avola
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Match savory Sicilian reds with hearty, rustic fare.
- Try with crisply fried eggplant, ricotta and caper balls,
- spaghetti with olives and bread crumbs
- or a hefty bowl of lamb stew with mint and green peas.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, olives, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, red fruits, herbaceous, mint
- Founded in the late 19th century by Rosario Sireci, the grandfather of current owner Fabio Sireci, and housed in a circa 1469 villa, Feudo Montoni boasts something even neighbor Tasca d'Almerita doesn't have; ancient, indigenous, pre-phylloxera, certified organic Nero d'Avola. They produce two cuvées. Lagnusa starts with whole cluster fermentation, 15 days on the skins and ages in cement and used oak.
Write Your Own Review