Folias de Baco
- Uivo Renegado 2018
- Rufete, Touriga Franca, Gouveio, Malvasia...
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Fresh
- Match lighter, chillable reds with with everything from full-flavored fish to Mediterranean meats.
- Try pan-seared cod with olives and tomatoes,
- lamb souvlaki with a garlic yogurt sacue
- or a pepper and onion pizza.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, roses, raspberry, pear
- Tiago Sampaio, known for his mineral-rich, high altitude Pinot Noirs, received his PhD in Viticulture from Oregon State (Go Beavers.) For his low sulfur, and refreshingly low alcohol Renegado, he blends over 20 organically farmed, 80+ year-old vine, indigenous Douro varieties, combining red and white grapes, and ages the field blend half in used French oak, the other half in steel tanks for 6 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review