- Fontanasanta Nosiola 2011
- Italy > Trentino-Alto Adige
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match amphora-aged whites with ancient recipes.
- Romans would pair with pine nut and minced pork-stuffed dormice,
- but you can substitute chicken.
- Or try (fried cheese-curd) globuli rolled in honey.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, lemon, peach, chalk
- Where some winemakers attempt, Elisabetta Foradori succeeds. Working with the last indigenous white variety in Trentino, Elisabetta ferments and ages her Nosiola on its skins in clay amphora (a Spanish tinaja) for 8 months. With its fine, mouthwatering tannins, this special wine should be allowed to breathe before serving at slightly lower than room temperature.
Write Your Own Review