- Nero d'Avola 2008
- Nero D'Avola
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Serve a robust and vigorous Nero d'Avola with meaty pasta dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with Sicilian meat rolls or arancini al ragu,
- a hearty eggplant lasagna
- or old-fashioned spaghetti and meatballs.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, herbaceous
- From the Arabic rahal-mut, meaning either "farmhouse of the dead" or "village in ruins", the town of Racalmuto boasts 16th century castles, almond orchards and salt mines as well as being the birthplace of novelist and playwright, Leornardo Sciascia. The cooperative Cantina la Torre's cool fermented and harmonious Fra Diego Nero d'Avola is tank-aged for 4 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review