- Sancerre Les Perrois 2018
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match Sancerre's stony minerality and citrusy zest with tangy and briny flavors.
- Try mussels in a lemon-herb butter,
- pan-seared grouper with a basil-lime pistou
- or warm goat cheese medallions.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, stone fruits, flint
- Taking over from his parents in the late 80's after stints in New Zealand and Bordeaux, Francois Crochet produces Sancerre (white, red & rosé), and only Sancerre on the family's plot in Bué, a small town just southwest of, well... Sancerre. His 25 year-old vines are planted to both caillottes and terre blanche soils, and his wines age on their lees for 6 months before bottling.
Write Your Own Review