Fratelli Antonio & Raimondo
- Barbera 2019
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Crisp
- Mushrooms, tomatoes or meaty-meats. Roasted or baked. Barbera loves 'em all.
- Braised lamb shanks perched atop a porcini risotto,
- a teleggio and crimini pizza
- or fettucine with shiitakes and basil.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, cherry, black pepper
- With production now in the hands of the Sartirano family, whose winemaking roots in Piedmont reach back to the late 19th century, Fratelli Antonio e Raimondo was founded, and eponymously named, by the Levis brothers in 1938. The vineyards are farmed without chemicals and the vines average 30 years of age. Their Barbera is fermented and matured in steel tanks.
Write Your Own Review