- Dornfelder Heimersheimer Rotenfels 2016
- Germany > Rheinhessen
- Red, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair fruity, off-dry reds with zesty dishes.
- Perfect with game day favorites; tacos, burgers, chessesteaks
- or try penne with sweet sausage and chunky tomatoes.
- Pretty sweet with dark chocolate.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black fruits, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, blueberry
- Tracing Dornfelder's family tree is a daunting task. A cross of Helfensteiner (an amalgam of Pinot Noir and Schiava) and Heroldrebe (itself a cross of Portugieser and Blaufrankisch and named for August Herold, who, confusingly, also created Dornfelder), the wine from this dark-skinned grape can be dry or semi-sweet, but like most amiable mutts, is always quite lovable.
Write Your Own Review