- Barolo Cascina Francia 2009
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- Match firm and sinewy Baroli with unpretentiously rich dishes.
- Terrific with wild mushroom fricassée over polenta,
- gnocchi baked in layers of fontina
- or porcini braised rabbit with truffled pasta.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, roses, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, leather , black cherry, herbaceous
- The Nebbiolo for Cascina Francia and Conterno's illustrious Monfortino share the same 35 acre vineyard, but since Conterno did not produce a Monfortino in 2009, all of that amazing fruit was declassified, and pumped into the Francia. Vinification takes place in wooden vats and aging is four years in large oak casks. Super old school. Wonderfully complex, and truly spectacular.
Write Your Own Review