- Primofiore 2013
- Corvina, Corvinone, Cabernet, Cabernet Franc
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match deceptively complex wines that masquerade as vino di tavola with similarly costumed fare.
- Start with carpaccio and Parmesan,
- then bigoli with a duck ragu.
- Finish with spit-roasted rabbit.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, olives, truffle
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, black cherry, herbaceous, mushroom
- As conceived by the master of the Veneto, Giuseppe Quintarelli (1927-2012), and now carried on by his family, the wines that form his canon are provocative, stimulating and legendary. Primofiore is an assemblage of early picked grapes that finish ripening in boxes, as well as the pressings of partially-dried Cabernet to bolster its depth and complexity. Seriously terrific.
Write Your Own Review