Grappes & Terroirs
- Vacqueyras Blanc 2014
- Clairette, Rousanne, Viognier
- France > Rhone
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Let a rich, but focused white Rhône tame the table's wild flavors.
- Pair with a crab-stuffed whole rockfish,
- pan-roasted rabbit with wild mushrooms
- or salty fingerling potatoes dipped in melted raclette.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, quince, orange blossoms, apricot
- The brainchild of wine whirlwind, Fanny Breuil, she of Fanny & Co. and Genuine Wine, Grappes & Terroirs celebrates naturally farmed old vine plots and how grapes excel when given ideal terroir. Her pal, Thomas, is responsible for their Vacqueras Blanc, which is fermented and aged in both tank and large, used barrels, spending a half a year resting on its lees (but not on its laurels.)
Write Your Own Review