- Yamada Nishiki Gold Sake
- Yamada Nishiki Rice
- Japan > Hyogo Prefecture
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- The gold is added for celebrations, but any night's fine for a sake dinner pairing.
- Try with a soy marinated pork loin,
- sea bass steamed with ginger and green onions
- or grilled unagi (eel.)
Nose: Intense, mature, apricot, floral, pear
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, low-medium acidity, intense, long finish, stone fruits, herbaceous, mineral
- Hakushika (White Deer) brews this Tokubetsu Junmai-shu sake from super-premium sake rice, Yamada Nishiki, polished to 70%. This 350 year old sake house first gained notoriety in the US at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Their motto: "Sake is not produced, it is raised." In this case, raised with edible gold flakes.
Write Your Own Review