- Assyrtiko 2016
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pair mineral-laden and succulently crisp whites with briny seafood and green market vegetables.
- Try cuttlefish with fresh favas,
- charred eggplant with herbed goat cheese
- or traditional tomato keftedes.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, stone fruits, wet stones
- Veteran of the commercial Greek wine industry, Haridimos Hatzidakis switched gears and returned to Santorini in the mid-90's and rebuilt his family's winery, abandoned since the 1956 earthquake. Farming biodynamically and using native grapes, he produces wines from his renovated canava ; a domed-roof winery unique to Santorini, carved deep into the volcanic rock.
Write Your Own Review