- Ink Grade Port NV
- Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Sauzao, Tinta Cao...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Soft
- Pair Napa's take on a Portuguese classic with Californian know-how.
- Match with a big wedge of Point Reyes Bay Blue,
- a bag of Marich chocolate covered blueberries
- or a big bowl of Braden Farms nuts.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, baked fruit, caramel, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, prune
- Founded by Joe and Alice Heitz in 1961, their eponymous winery is one of the handful that put Napa on the map. Now helmed by daughter Kathleen, with brother David continuing his nearly 4 decades of winemaking duties. From vineyards planted to Portuguese varieties in the early 90's, their Ink Grade Port, a blend of several vintages, has been a tasty pleasure since 1994.
Write Your Own Review