- Elbling Zehnkommanull 2020
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Elbling is perfect as an aperitif, but being lip-smackingly vibrant, you'll notice that the bottle gets emptied really quickly.
- Match with briny seafood, country ham,
- green curries, aloo chaat
- and other salty treats.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, salty
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, lemon, peach
- When wine people talk about the Mosel, it's all Riesling, slope and what type of slate. When wine people talk about the Upper Mosel, it's usually very quiet. Not much to say, right? Up through the 19th century, Elbling was a go-to grape and the Upper Mosel was the epicenter. Under-appreciated and overlooked, Elbling, in the hands of Matthias Hild, chief drum-beater of the grape for decades, is a racy, electric joy.
Write Your Own Review