- Vouvray Clos de Bourg Sec 2019
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A fine Chenin cuts a wide swath across the food pairing map.
- Match with steamed lobster or sautéed scallops,
- apricot-stuffed pork loin or lemon-creamed chicken
- and almond-stuffed dates with Cabrales.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, earthy, stone fruits, tropical fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, intense, long finish, honeysuckle, pear, chalk
- Vouvray's benchmark, Domaine Huet began in 1928 when founder Victor Huet, a victim of mustard gas in the trenches during WWI, relocated to the Loire Valley for his health. His son, Gaston, grew it into iconic status, adding two prime, Premiere Côte vineyards: Le Mont and Clos du Bourg in the 1960's. The wines, now made by Jean-Bernard Berthomé, are truly and deservedly legendary.
Write Your Own Review