- Nero d'Avola 2018
- Nero d'Avola
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Serve a robust and vigorous Nero d'Avola with meaty pasta dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with Sicilian meat rolls or arancini al ragu,
- a hearty eggplant lasagna
- or old-fashioned spaghetti and meatballs.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, licorice, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, smoky, raspberry, cherry
- Il Pioppo Nero d'Avola is produced by Alessandro di Camporeale in the northwest of Sicily, a 45 minute drive from both Palermo and the town of Corleone, although the grapes for this bottling are probably grown in the southeast, closer to Siracusa and the namesake village of Avola. Aged for 6 months in steel tank, this Nero, like a lot of Sicilians, is richly textured and well balanced.
Write Your Own Review