- Brunello di Montalcino 2016
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Pair a blockbuster Brunello with full-flavored meats and game.
- Serve sliced porterhouse or baby lamb chops.
- Wild with boar and vital with veal shanks.
- Try with braised rabbit or roasted squab with truffles.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, long finish, cooking spices, cherry, licorice
- Founded over a century ago by Florentian land owner, Lavinio Franceschi, Tenuta Il Poggione is now a nearly 1500 acre estate, half of which is planted to grapes and olives and the rest to grain and forest. There's also some livestock thrown in. For the 2011 vintage, the passed on producing a Riserva and diverted all their precious juice into their powerful Brunello bottling. It's superb.
Write Your Own Review