- Controguerra Costalupo 2014
- Trebbiano, Passerina, Riesling, Chardonnay
- Italy > Abruzzo
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Trebbiano, like its French soul mate Ugni Blanc, is an easy-pleaser at the table.
- Try tomato bisque with smoked Gouda,
- tamales de pollo con chile verde
- or angel hair wih shrimp in a lemon cream sauce.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, apricot, peach, almond
- Family-owned and run for over a century, the wines of Illuminati (the actual family name and not the "all-seeing eye" of the shadowy elitists) are produced in the very northern reaches of Abruzzo, between the peaks of Gran Sasso and the Adriatic. Patriarch, Dino Illuminati has worked tirelessly in reviving the Controguerra wine region, which finally received its DOC in 1996.
Write Your Own Review