- Piu 2013
- Carmenere, Merlot
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair richly textured reds with roasted, meaty dishes.
- Splurge on a pan-seared, Gorgonzola topped filet mignon,
- a porcini-crusted lamb short loin
- or dress up a Manchego and mushroom quesadilla.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, smoky, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black currant, herbaceous
- Founded in the heart of the Soave region by Giuseppe Inama in the 60's, it was his son Stefano, who after assuming the winemaking role in 1992, expanded the family holdings to the Colli Berici, where the limestone rich soil had been planted to red Bordeaux varieties since the mid-19th century. Aged for one year in barrique, this super-IGT is bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review