Chateau de Veyres
- Sauternes 2011
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Got Sauternes? You've got tons of great matches.
- Serve with marzipan cookies or almond tarts,
- scrumptious peach or spiced apple cobbler.
- Grab a wedge of Roquefort or a hunk of Maytag blue and go to town.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, butterscotch, stone fruits, toasty
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, orange blossoms, apricot, honey
- French tax inheritance laws forced them to sell the esteemed Chateau Suduiraut in 2001, so the Mercadier family bought the adjacent property, Chateau de Veyres, with its walled vineyards of 50-100 year old vines. After as many as 8 passes in the vineyard, the botrytis-affected grapes are tank fermented and aged for 18 months in new French oak. C’est classique!
Write Your Own Review