- Doyenne Signature Syrah 2008
- Syrah, Viognier
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match dense, meaty Syrahs with roasted, full-flavored fare.
- A natural with rosemary-topped, double-cut lamb rib chops
- or honey-balsamic roasted root vegetables.
- Hedonists will go the braised mutton route.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, bacon fat, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, smoky, blackberry
- Half of the Syrah for DeLille's Doyenne Signature homage to the Northern Rhône comes from the revered Red Mountain Ciel de Cheval vineyard, as does the 2% of Viognier that's in the mix. The balance comes from no less than Red Mountain's Grand Ceil and Yakima's Boushey Vineyard. This wine may very well be Washington State's benchmark Syrah. A must try.
Write Your Own Review