Domaine de Beaurenard
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Boisrenard Blanc 2019
- Clairette, Roussanne...
- France > Rhone
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match a big-boned, mineral-rich white with full-flavored fish, seafood and lighter meats. Or all three.
- First, a garlicky brandade,
- then a sauté of clams and scallops.
- Finish with blanquette de veau.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, creamy, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, honeysuckle, citrus fruits, pear
- A late 17th century mention was made of the vineyards of Bois Renard (Wood Fox), but somewhere in the intervening 3 centuries, the name of this domaine has morphed into Beaurenard (Beautiful Fox.) Daniel and Frederic Coulon represent the 7th generation of their family to manage the estate. Their Cuvée Boisrenard Blanc contains all 6 permissable grapes, fermented and aged for 6 months in small foudres.
Write Your Own Review