- Pouilly-sur-Loire 2016
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match light-on-their-feet Loire whites with briny seafood and tangy cheeses.
- Grab some oysters with just a tiny squeeze of lemon,
- tagliolini con vongole e carciofi
- or a zucchini and goat cheese tart.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, honeysuckle, peach, almond
- Founded in 1942 by Léon Champeau in Pouilly-sur-Loire (if not while under siege by the Nazis, then certainly while occupied), the family estate was handed down to his sons, René and Christian, who in turn have followed suit and passed the reins to their sons, Franck and Guy. The cousins farm the clay-limestone soil of their 40 acres of vineyards sustainably, with little or no chemicals.
Write Your Own Review