- Sagardo Cider 2018
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Crisp
- Funky-dry ciders are global food fiends.
- Try a sagardotegi dinner: A cod omelette, then chorizos and a grilled steak.
- Finish with cheese and quince paste.
- Or go wild with a shiitake and goat cheese pizza.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, yeasty
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, slate, green apple, mineral
- Swapping cattle for apples, the Isastegi estate converted from livestock to cider in 1983, supplementing their own orchards with fruit from other local growers. They press their apples soon after harvest, then transfer the juice into kupelas to ferment until spring. Then bottle unfiltered. Their cider is only slightly sparkling and has an aroma similar to a gueuze or lambic beer. ¡Topa!
Write Your Own Review