Domaine J.F. Mugnier
- Bonnes Mares 2016
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Dense
- A Burgundian classic deserves your finest at the table.
- A creamy-sauced lapin a la moutarde,
- garlic and rosemary-crusted rack of lamb
- or pot-roasted guinea fowl with sage, celery and blood orange.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, chocolate, meat, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, red fruits, spicy, earthy
- Frederic Mugnier was working as an engineer in Saudi Arabia at the time of his father's death, and missing the French life, headed back to Burgundy, helping with the family's 1984 bottlings and then helming the winemaking on the 1985's. His non-interventionist, yet science-based decision making smacks of his engineer training. He farms lutte raisonée and tries to remove himself from the winemaking equation.
Write Your Own Review