- Chardonnay / Gruner Veltliner
- Chardonnay, Grüner Veltliner
- U.S.A. > New York
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a skins-on, rich-but-crisp blend with rootsy, roasted flavors.
- Try sautéed lake trout and smoked ham hock black-eyed peas,
- baked chicken with caramelized Brussels sprouts
- or butternut squash risotto.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, orchard fruit, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, green apple, wet stones
- Bloomer Creek has become a benchmark for natural wines in one of the least friendly places to attempt it, NY's Finger Lakes. Founded by Kim Engle and Debra Bermingham, the winery uses seaweed and compost to control vine disease and copper for mildew. Fermentations are done slowly with ambient yeast. For their Chardonnay / Grüner co-ferment, the skins stay on and the wine is bottled unfined, unfiltered.
Write Your Own Review