Winzerin Birgit Wiederstein
- Die Rosa
- Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zweigelt, Blaufrankisch
- Rose, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Match a lip-smackingly vivacious rosé with fragrant aromatics and bright flavors.
- Grill up some orange zest and leek-filled loukaniko sausages,
- chili-lime shrimp
- or a tangerine, avocado and arugula salad.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, red plum, strawberry, cherry
- A self-described anomaly in "the masculine powerful environment of Carnuntum", the Wiederstein women, Birgit handling the wines and her mother, Grete, and daughter, Martina, doing the distilling, have become the weiberwirschaft (female economy) of their town of Gottlesbrumn. Birgit plays the grapes as they lay, fermenting in steel tank and leaving the aromatic cuvée on its lees until bottling to fight over dominance.
Write Your Own Review