- Rkatsiteli 2017
- > Kakheti
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Crisp
- Match natural, amber wines with earthy, multicultural cuisine for your supra.
- Try badrijnis khizilala or baba ghanoush,
- khinkali or other global dumplings.
- Chicken tabaka with hazelnut sauce, too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, spicy, tea
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, dried fruit, almond
- A grower of organically farmed grapes in both Karti and Kakheti, Alapiani's Marani's piercingly blue-eyed winemaker, Merab Mirtskhulava, ferments their Rkatsiteli in Unesco-protected, earthenware qvevri, skins-on, and bottles their orange wine without fining or filtration. Bottlerocker Aimée thinks of qvevri as "cocoons that allow you to drink the butterfly." Gaumarjos!
Write Your Own Review