Beatrice et Pascal Lambert
- Ligeris Dolium 2017
- Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match an amphora-aged, skins-on white to your palate-pleasing food finds.
- Grab some stuffed olives and crumbly feta,
- salmon bulgogi with bok choy and mushrooms
- or cider-brined pork loin with roasted apples.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, green fruit, stone fruits, wet stones
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, lemon, raisin
- Beatrice and Pascal Lambert aimed to craft the most intense Chinons out there when they founded Les Chesnaies in 1987. By 2000 they had embraced organic farming and soon after, biodynamics. Their wines have little to no added sulfites. For Ligeris Dolium, the Lamberts go for the trifiecta, old school-style. They macerate, ferment and mature their 50-50 Chenin Blanc and Pinot Gris blend in clay amphora for a year.
Write Your Own Review