Mansus - Makovec
- Sivi Pinot - R 2017
- Pinot Grigio
- Slovenia > Primorska
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Match a skins-on Pinot Grigio with light spices and earthy flavors.
- Try orecchiette in a wild mushroom cream sauce,
- miso and ginger-glazed salmon
- or chicken with roasted lemon, olives and capers.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, chalk, citrus fruits, nutty
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, red apple, hazelnut
- A climatic collision of Mediterranean breezes and Alpine continental, Bodgan Makovec's Vipava Valley grapes are dry-farmed and are certified organic. He ferments his Pinot Grigio with native yeasts in steel tanks and acacia barrels, skins on, then ages briefly in the same, adding 6 months of bottle maturation before release. He does not add sulfites and only a coarse filtration is employed. Natural and orange.
Write Your Own Review